Malai Kofta with Spinach Gravy.
You can cook Malai Kofta with Spinach Gravy using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Malai Kofta with Spinach Gravy
- Prepare of Paneer (cheese) -.
- It’s of Mawa -.
- It’s of Potatoes -(boiled).
- You need of Cashew nuts.
- You need of Ginger long piece(grated).
- It’s of Raisins.
- It’s of Oil -to fry Koftas.
- It’s of For Spinach Gravy:.
- It’s of Palak(spinach).
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Tomatoes – (medium sized).
- Prepare of Green chilli.
- You need of Heeng(asafoetida).
- It’s of Ginger.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of Jeera(cumin seeds) if you want.
- Prepare of Kasuri Methi.
- You need of Gram flour.
- It’s of Cream/malai – (if you want).
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Garam masala.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Salt -(1/2 tsp) -.
- It’s of Corn flour/arrowroot -.
Malai Kofta with Spinach Gravy step by step
- Malai Kofta Boil the potatoes and peel them. Cut off the stem from the raisins, wash and cut the cashew nuts(1 nut into 5-6 pieces). Take Mawa and Paneer in any utensil, put in the boiled potatoes after breking them to pieces. Add salt and corn flour then mash well. Mash till the mix looks like a smooth dough. Put in grated ginger or ginger paste and mix. The mixture needed to make Kofta is ready..
- Pour oil in a non stick pan(kadhai). Take some amount of the Kofta mix at a time and flatten a bit with your hand. Place 2-3 pieces of cashew nut and 1 raisin on it, wrap up the piece from all sides and round it into a ball. Similarly make balls with the remaining mixture, you will get at least 15-16 balls. Put these balls in hot oil, you can put 3-4 Koftas at one time. Move the Koftas very carefully when turning sides and fry on a medium flame till they turn brown..
- Keep the fried Koftas on a plate and fry the other Koftas. Repeat this process with the remaining balls. Koftas are ready, let us prepare the gravy..
- Palak/Spinach Gravy Break off the stems from the Palak, wash the leaves twice with clean water and keep in a utensil. Put 1/4 cup water and sugar in the utensil, cover and place it on the gas to boil. Palak will be boiled in 5-6 minutes. Turn off the gas..
- Wash tomatoes, chop into pieces. Cut off the stems of the green chilies, then wash them. Peel, wash ginger and make 3-4 pieces of it. Put all of these in the mixer and make a fine paste..
- Pour oil in a frying pan(kadhai), put Heeng and Jeera in hot oil. After Jeera is roasted add Kasuri Methi(stems removed) and gram flour, fry the two. Now put tomatoes, ginger, green chilli paste and stir fry the spices for 2-3 minutes. Pour the cream or malai and fry a little more, fry till oil floats over these spices..
- Once the boiled Palak is cooled, put it in the mixer to make a fine paste. Mix Palak paste with the fried spices. Add water and salt according to how thick or thi you want the Tari. After it comes to boil put Garam masala followed by the Koftas prepared earlier. Allow to cook for 1 minute Malai Kofta Curry with Spinach Gravy is ready. Garnish with cream and serve..
- If you want onion in your dish then finely chop 1 onion. After Jeera is roasted put the chopped onion and fry till it turns light brown. Now follow the above given instructions to make Malai Kofta with Spinach Gravy..