Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake.
You can have Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake
- It’s 2 cups of chicken, cooked (shredded).
- Prepare 10 oz of mushrooms (canned or fresh).
- You need 6 oz of spinach roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mozzarella shredded.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of container of ricotta cheese or ¾ cup heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 2 oz of mozzarella.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan grated.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake step by step
- Boil chicken..
- Preheat the oven to 350F..
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and thyme. Cook for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and red pepper flakes, then season with salt and pepper and sauté for 8 minutes..
- Stir in spinach (a handful at a time, allowing to wilt before adding the next handful), and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Set aside..
- In a small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Heat on low, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts and the sauce becomes smooth and homogeneous..
- In a casserole dish, arrange a layer of shredded chicken meat. Spread over half of the cheesy sauce then arrange a layer of mushroom-spinach mixture. Spread remaining sauce on top, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly on top or turn on broiler for the last 3-5 minutes for extra crispy cheese..
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy..