Pasta with creamy spinach sauce. A delicious pasta covered in a creamy spinach sauce – this is an easy meal the whole family will love! While the pasta cooks, make the sauce. Melt the vegan buttery spread in a large pot.
This easy meatless dish tastes like the main course from an Italian restaurant. Caramelized onions add so much needed flavor to this meatless pasta. Add cooked spinach and milk and blend until smooth. You can have Pasta with creamy spinach sauce using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta with creamy spinach sauce
- You need of whole wheat pasta cooked as said on the box.
- Prepare of baby spinach washed and roughly chopped.
- Prepare of gloves of garlic minced.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of chicken broth.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- It’s of parmigiano reggiano.
- It’s of walnuts toasted and roughly chopped.
Add nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Add pasta to boiling water, stirring to prevent sticking. Add pasta to bowl with spinach sauce and toss to coat. Sneaking spinach into a dish it is a great way to get your picky kids to eat more leafy greens without any complaints.
Pasta with creamy spinach sauce instructions
- In a large skillet with high sides, over medium high heat, cook the olive oil and garlic together until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden..
- Add the spinach and immediately cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute. Remove the lid and add the chicken stock, let it cook for about 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add the heavy cream and cook for 1 more minute..
- Add the drained pasta and parmiggiano and cook together stirring the whole time for 1 minute. Place in a serving dish and sprinkle over the toasted walnuts. Enjoy!.
This is a wonderful and simple pasta dish that can be served with salad and bread on the side. Cook the pasta per package instructions. Drain and toss immediately with the green sauce. Creamy chicken pasta with spinach and bacon is one of my favorite things to eat! I made this Creamy Chicken pasta sauce using butter, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese.