Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach. Pan fried skin-on fish fillets with creamed spinach. It's simple: all you need is for the fish fillet skin to be really dry and the pan to be really hot. Before we get on to the details and secrets of how to perfectly cook a fish fillet in a pan, allow me a little rant on the semantics: there seems to be.
Using the ingredients called for I did prepare this a little differently. Fish and lemon are a great match and when fennel, capers and cream are added it becomes sublime! Serve over wedges of crisp cos lettuce as an alternative to a green vegetable. You can have Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach
- Prepare of scaled fish fillets per person: bass, bream, haddock, hake or snapper, as long as they are not too thick (1-1 ½ inch).
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of plain flour for dusting (optional).
- It’s of oil for frying.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of lemon wedges for serving.
- Prepare of For the creamed spinach:.
- You need of fresh spinach or a bag of frozen.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of garlic, peeled and pressed.
- Prepare of double cream.
- You need of grated nutmeg.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need of grated Parmesan.
Add fish and cook over a medium Quick and simple mild fish curry – Low Tox Life. I was racing back in a cab from a meeting to pick up the little man from school. For the pan-fried cod, heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the cod, skin-side down, for a few minutes, or until the skin is golden.
Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach instructions
- For the creamed spinach: thaw the frozen spinach, wash the leaves if using fresh. Blanch it with boiling water or microwave for 3-4 minutes on full power. Leave to cool..
- Squeeze most moisture from either the blanched or the thawed spinach and chop it roughly..
- Melt the butter in a medium pan, add the pressed garlic and let it sizzle for a few seconds. Pour in the cream and turn up the heat. Season with the nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook down for about 3 minutes. Stir in the grated cheese and cook for further 2 or 3 minutes. Add the spinach to the mixture, stir in and cook on medium heat with the lid on for 10 minutes plus further 5 or 10 with the lid off, to let most of the liquid evaporate..
- Now cook the fish: rinse the fillets and pat dry very well, especially the skin side. Score the skin across two or three times on each fillet. Season the skin side with salt and pepper and lightly dust with flour if you like, shake off the excess..
- Heat a little oil in a heavy pan or skillet – make sure it’s very hot. Place the fillets in the pan, skin side down and press gently with a fish slice to stop them curling. Season the flesh side with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes until the flesh around the edges turns opaque and the skin is crisp..
- Turn off the heat and flip the fillets over – they will cook on the residual heat in the pan. Add a knob of butter and swirl it around, basting the fish. Leave the fillets there for a minute. Transfer to warm plates and serve with the spinach..
Turn the fish over and fry on the other side, until cooked through. Serve the cod with the herb sauce poured over the top, the potatoes and spinach on the side and the crispy egg. Pan fried whole fish is a dish commonly prepared by Chinese families. Pan fried fish is both simple to make and is a crispy, savory and delicious fish dish! Freshness aside, some types of fish are best for steaming (i.e. fish that are light and delicate) and some are better for frying (i.e. fish with a firm.