Salmon and Spinach Lasagne. Salmon and spinach lasagne is an absolutely terrific innovation and so delicious with the creamy garlic white sauce. A great option for freezing into batches and enjoying again at a later date. Salmon and dill, spinach and nutmeg, white wine, creme fraiche, and gooey melted mozzarella cheese combine in a warm, creamy lasagna with a special fresh twist.
Recipe for a delicious, homemade salmon lasagna with cheesy béchamel sauce and loads of spinach! A fish lasagna is an excellent alternative to the classic. This special recipe comes from Belgian chef, Dirk De Cuyper. You can cook Salmon and Spinach Lasagne using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon and Spinach Lasagne
- Prepare of Veggies and Herbs.
- It’s of fresh bag of spinach.
- Prepare of fresh chopped dill weed.
- It’s of lemon zest.
- Prepare of Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of finely sliced shallots.
- You need of grapeseed oil.
- It’s of Meat.
- You need of skinless salmon fillets.
- Prepare of Dairy.
- Prepare of combined shredded asiago and parmesan cheese, mixed.
- Prepare of mild shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of milk (you can use skim milk).
- You need of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare of cottage cheese.
- It’s of Pasta.
- Prepare of Oven baked lasagne sheets.
Now a resident of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Dirk was formerly a sought-after chef creating delicious meals aboard luxury yachts. Spread some of the sauce over the bottom of the dish and place a layer of lasagne sheets on top. Top with some of the leek and spinach mixture and then some. There is nothing difficult in this delicious salmon lasagna.
Salmon and Spinach Lasagne instructions
- Prepare Spinach… Turn the stove on to medium heat. Use a medium sauce pan and add the grapeseed oil. Let oil become slightly hot and add sliced shallots. Cooked until they are translucent, about 5-7 minutes, with consistent stirring. Add the bag of spinach to pan. Stirring with consistency until spinach is wilted. Once complete, then set aside in a bowl..
- Prepare the salmon…Turn the stove on to medium to low heat. Use a medium sauce pan and add 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil. Let oil become slightly hot then add the salmon to cook. Cook the salmon on both side for 5-7 mins or longer for larger pieces. Once done, break into pieces and put aside in a bowl..
- Prepare cheese sauce (or bechamel sauce)…Melt the butter in a large pot until it foams. Slowly whisk in flour to make a roux. Cook for 2 min and don't let burn. Slowly add milk, whisk briskly, until sauce is smooth, then add heavy cream. Stir whiskly until smooth. Put sauce on low simmer, cook until thickens. Stir in dill, lemon zest, salt, pepper and combine cheese mix of parmesan/asiago. Turn off pot, once the sauce is complete..
- Assemble to Lasagne…Preheat oven to 350°. To a 13×9 dish, add some sauce to bottom of pan. Line pan with 4-5 lasagne sheets. Add another layer sauce, then some salmon, spinach, some cottage cheese and some mix of cheddar/asiago/parmesan cheese. Continue this for another two layers. Top with final layer of lasagne sheets, remaining sauce and sprinkle with rest of cheese mix..
- Cook the lasagne…Place pan on a cookie sheet to catch any overspill. Put in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes. If you want a brown top, at the last 5 minutes set the oven to broil at 500°. As it finish cooking, set lasagne aside for 10 minutes before eating..
Layers of spinach, salmon, red onion and creamy white cheese make out this lovely and easy lasagne. Sauté the spinach in a pan until it wilts and arrange half of the spinach on the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Chop the onions into crescents, the courgette into slices and the salmon into cubes. Try our easy to follow salmon & spinach lasagne recipe. Absolutely delicious with the best ingredients from Woolworths.