Spinach filo. Spinach and Feta Filo Triangles are a light and delicate pastry snack that everyone will love. Spinach is combined with garlic and onions. Homemade FIlo or Phyllo Dough – How to Make a Phyllo Dough Recipe from Scratch.
Spinach and feta are a classic combination and work really well with the zing of preserved lemon. These beef and spinach filos, from Ray McVinnie, are good hot or cold. They travel well, so are great for taking to a picnic or as a contribution to a meal. You can have Spinach filo using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach filo
- You need of spinach.
- Prepare of feta.
- You need of onion cut dice.
- It’s of garlic.
- Prepare of melted butter.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Phyllo.
Serve with a crunchy green salad. Unfold the filo and cut into three pieces lengthwise, cutting through all of the sheets at once. How to assemble your spinach and feta filo pie. This tasty pie has a cream spinach and feta filling.
Spinach filo instructions
- Defrost the phyllo sheet first. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add onion and cook until it’s soft. Add garlic and add spinach. Seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a drainer.
- Break the feta cheese and add into the mixture. Mix them well.
- Lay the phyllo sheet into a large tray. Drizzle with butter and lay 2 more into it. Cut into 3 long sheets. Put 1tbsp of the mixture into the phyllo sheet and fold it into a triangle shape. Brush butter into it.
- Heat the oven at 180 degree and cook for 25 mins until it’s golden.
Spoon the mixture into the baked filo pastry case. The mixture inside the filo parcels is so tasty and would also make a great pie filling. With just a few ingredients chicken, garlic, onion, feta, spinach and eggs it makes for a super delicious meal. Well when I saw the spinach and feta filo pie in Jamie Oliver's new book I thought exactly that. But lo and behold, I cooked it and it looked exactly like the carefully styled picture in the book.