Greek spinach pie. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, and feta. My Greek Spinach Pie is made layered with phyllo, melted butter and the spinach- cheese filling. Before I bake it, I score the pastry with a knife so the baked squares will be easy to cut out of the pan for serving.
I'm sharing my family's favorite spanakopita recipe, complete with tips, video, and step-by-step photos. Greek spinach pie with feta cheese (spanakopita) is made with flaky phyllo sheets layered with a savory spinach and feta cheese filling. Spanakopita can be made as a "pie" or pita, or as individual phyllo triangles. You can cook Greek spinach pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek spinach pie
- Prepare of filo (contain 7 sheets).
- It’s of feta not very soft.
- Prepare of greek thick yogurt.
- Prepare of parmesan grated.
- You need of dill.
- It’s of spinach.
- You need of diced leeks.
- You need of fresh onions.
- It’s of onion.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Oil for the filo.
This delicious Greek Spinach Pie can be served as an appetizer or even a light lunch. It is surprisingly filling, keeping in mind the lack of meat (vegetarians, you will love this). The end result is the delightful pie with the flaky and crispy phyllo layers and a creamy spinach and feta filling. In most spinach pie recipes, the crust is made out of a layere phyllo pastry dough.
Greek spinach pie instructions
- Shimmer without oil the spinach and the leeks till get soft. We put them in a strainer to take all the water out..
- In a bowl we put the feta, parmesan, yogurt, dill, salt, pepper and eggs and we mix till the feta becomes crumbly..
- We pass in a fry pan the onions and we add some oil (1 tsp) the spinach and leeks. We cook them for 2 minutes in low heat. After we put them in strainer in order to cool down.
- When they will be in a good temperature (room temperature) we mix them with the cheeses and yogurt..
- We take the tray pan we put some oil at the bottom in order not to get sticky the filo. We put 3 filo sheets at the bottom (every filo sheets we put little oil so they get crunchy), we put the spinach filling and we spread in the tray evenly. Then we put one filo sheet above the filling, some oil and again some filing. After the second filling we put the 3 remaining filo sheets (and again in between sheets some oil)..
- In the preheated oven of 180 degrees in the air we put the tray for around 45 minutes. After 15 minutes take the tray and with a knife cut the first filo in a square design in order to allow even cooking for all filo sheets. Check with a fork after 30 minutes to see if its cooked. If your oven is strong then low the heat in order to cook till the base the pita. Enjoyyyyy !!!!.
My version is low carb and gluten-free, but just as delicious. I promise the whole family will love this easy spinach pie! The Idea for Gluten-free Greek Spinach Pie. The easy spinach pie recipe started as many of my recipes. Most spinach pie recipes also use feta cheese which is a favourite ingredient in all types of Greek recipes, be it fried, baked or used for stuffing until nicely softened and slightly melty.