Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach. Butternut squash makes the creamiest sauce, which makes it a healthy, lighter alternative to cream sauces made with heavy cream and butter. Add baby spinach and stir in parmesan cheese and sage. Toss in cooked pasta and sausage and mix until well coated.
Butternut squash, sweet Italian sausage, sage and pasta go together like, well like butternut squash and sage. Everything is cooked in the same pan When we heat the butter and it starts to brown (caramelize), it adds a ton of flavor. We're really "pan roasting" the butternut squash for this dish. You can have Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach
- Prepare of pound Italian sausage.
- It’s of Crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need of pound pasta.
- You need of Trader Joe’s Autumnal Harvest pasta sauce.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Baby spinach.
- Prepare of garlic cloves; minced.
Pasta served with a homemade butternut squash pasta sauce of roasted butternut squash, shallots, cream, and Parmesan cheese. We often find butternut squash inside of ravioli, so why not on the outside for a butternut squash pasta dish? It just needed to be thinned a bit with water, made savory. Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce with Fresh PastaA Side Of Sweet.
Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach instructions
- Start a pot of boiling water. Cook your pasta according to directions on the box. I used fusilli so it can pick up that amazing sauce!.
- In a separate pan, cook the sausage, red pepper flakes, and garlic on med high heat until no longer pink. No oil needed. I started with half a tsp of red pepper flakes..
- Don’t forget your pasta!!!!! Keep some pasta water on the side. Leave the pasta in a strainer..
- Add in the pasta sauce to the pan w sausage. Simmer until bubbly..
- Then the spinach..
- Arrange your bowl! Pasta, sauce, top w shredded Parmesan and pepper if ya like! (I love freshly cracked black pepper) Enjoy!.
Butternut squash and spinach pasta with Roquefort cheese and walnutsOn dine chez Nanou. Cut butternut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Add the pasta to the pan and mix with the brown-butter sauce (if the pasta has cooled off quite a bit, return the pan to low heat while you combine everything). This butternut squash pasta sauce is such an easy way to change up some of your favorite meals! It's packed full of roasted veggies and it's so creamy.