Sausage and Spinach Bake. Cheesy baked pasta made with Italian chicken sausage, mozzarella, ricotta, Pecorino Romano and spinach (but don't worry, no one will If you like to freeze meals ahead for the month, this freezes well after baking. To freeze, I like to cut it in portions when it's cold, then wrap them in plastic and freeze. A mixture of Italian sausage and tomato sauce is placed on a bed of spinach and baked with three kinds of cheese in this quick and easy dinner.
MORE+ LESS Make a peppy egg bake using chorizo sausage for the Italian sausage and pepper Jack cheese for the mozzarella and Cheddar. Add spinach and season with a little salt and pepper and cook another minute. Put half of the cooked pasta into the prepared baking dish and top with half of the meat sauce. You can have Sausage and Spinach Bake using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage and Spinach Bake
- Prepare of box pasta (any shape you like).
- Prepare of Italian sausage links (hot or sweet, I love using HOT 🥵!!!).
- It’s of onion, chopped.
- It’s of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- It’s of white wine.
- You need of baby spinach leaves.
- It’s of Sprinkle Black Pepper.
- You need of Salt for boiling water.
- It’s of shredded mozzarella cheese.
On a Quest for the Best one pan brunch? Join Andy Bates, as he shows us some quick cooking using leftover sausages in a decadent egg and spinach bake, with. Baby spinach, bell pepper & mushrooms are combined with rice, eggs, feta cheese and sausage. Baked ziti is meant to feed a crowd, and this one surely does. "Cheater" meatballs made with uncased Italian sausage are strewn throughout the sauce for heft, and baby spinach lends a pop of color.
Sausage and Spinach Bake instructions
- In a large pot sauté the Italian sausage (remove from casing), breaking up the pieces as they brown…….
- Next add your onion, green pepper and minced garlic to browned sausages…….Sauté until onions and green peppers are tender…….
- Add your 1/2 cup of white wine and continue to sauté until most of the wine has reduced…….
- Now add your baby spinach and keep sautéing until spinach is wilted…….add your black pepper……
- Boil pasta until slightly done, drain, then add pasta to sausage mixture and mix all well……
- Pour pasta mixture into a large baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray…….
- Add your 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese over the top…….
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until Cheese is melted on top……
- Serve and enjoy 😉!!!.
Because ricotta has a tendency to dry out when baked, crème fraîche is added to ensure a more. In a large dish, add the meat sauce, then the spinach, some nutmeg and seasoning. Next, add a third of the Parmesan, the cheesy pasta, more nutmeg and finally the rest of the cheese. How to Make Baked Ziti with Sausage. The sauce for the baked ziti can be made a day ahead.