Skillet Chicken with Chopped Garlic, Peppers and Scallions.
You can have Skillet Chicken with Chopped Garlic, Peppers and Scallions using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Skillet Chicken with Chopped Garlic, Peppers and Scallions
- You need 1 package of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 1 package of boneless/skinless chicken breast.
- It’s of Flour for dusting chicken.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large bell pepper (of your choice) cleaned, seeds/stem removed, cut in half lengthwise and sliced.
- Prepare 3-4 of scallions cleaned & sliced into 1/8 inch pieces.
- You need 3-4 Tbs of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).
- It’s 1-2 Tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 Tbs of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need of White wine for deglazing (if necessary).
Skillet Chicken with Chopped Garlic, Peppers and Scallions instructions
- Lay parchment paper over a flat surface (about 18 inches long). Place chicken on parchment paper, using ½ garlic powder, black pepper & sea salt. Evenly distribute over chicken followed by a light dusting of the flour. Turn chicken over and repeat..
- Evenly coat the sauté pan with the extra virgin olive oil over a low to medium flame to slowly heat the oil. Once heated (be careful not to burn the oil), add ½ of the scallions & peppers followed by the chicken pieces to the pan. Allow the chicken to cook for 8 – 10 minutes slightly covered, gently moving the chicken as needed. Add a little extra oil if the pan becomes dry add in slowly to avoid oil spatter..
- Then turn the chicken over and continue cooking slightly covered for another 8-10 minutes, adding in the remaining scallions and peppers. When the bottom of the pan becomes browned use a little white wine to deglaze the bottom of the pan – scraping the brown bits with a wooden spoon..
- The chicken should have a nice browned look, the internal temperature should be 180 degrees, use a meat thermometer. NOTE: should you choose to use chicken on the bone a longer cooking time will be needed..
- Serve over pasta, with salad, veggies, farro or corn on the cob..