Korean Skirt Steak Tacos w/ Lemon-Scallion Relish.
You can cook Korean Skirt Steak Tacos w/ Lemon-Scallion Relish using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Skirt Steak Tacos w/ Lemon-Scallion Relish
- You need 1 lb of skirt steak; trimmed.
- It’s 3/4 C of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 T of sesame oil.
- You need 1 t of brown sugar.
- You need 1 t of ginger; grated.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic; creamed.
- It’s 1/4 t of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 t of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of scallions; julienne.
- You need 1 of lemon; zested & juiced.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s 1 pinch of crushed pepper flakes.
- You need as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- It’s as needed of vegetable oil.
- Prepare as needed of chihuahua cheese.
Korean Skirt Steak Tacos w/ Lemon-Scallion Relish instructions
- Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Grate half the onion into the marinade..
- Marinate skirt steak in an air tight plastic bag overnight, or at least for 2-4 hours..
- Pat steak dry with paper towels. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Let steak sit at room temperature for 1 hour..
- Cut the other half of the onion to a small dice..
- In a separate bowl, combine scallions, onions, lemon zest, and half the juice of the lemon. Reserve other half of lemon for another use. Add a pinch of salt. Let relish sit to marinate..
- Season steak with a tiny pinch of salt on each side..
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan. Sear steak on each side for approximately 3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat, or until desired doneness..
- Let steak rest, tented with foil for 3-4 minutes..
- Slice against the grain and serve with chihuahua cheese and scallion relish..
- Variations; Kimchi, sriracha, sambal oelek, thai bird chiles, dried red chiles, jalapeno, habanero, chives, tamari, ponzu, tamarind, beer, rice wine vinegar, cilantro, coriander, asparagus, basil, black beans, bell peppers, roasted garlic or bell peppers, bok choy, sauteed broccoli rabe, carrots, ramps, leeks, goat cheese, queso fresco, corn, spicy cucumber salad, cabbage, curry, daikon, dill, eggplant, fennel, bitter greens, honey, edamamae, lime, mango, coconut milk, miso, mushrooms,.
- Dried mustard, demi glace, beef stock, caramelized bone marrow, orange, parsley, white pepper, pineapple, rosemary, sage, toasted sesame seeds, squash, sugar, thyme, tomato, peanut oil, rice vinegar, zucchini.