Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli. Delicious Vegetarian chili I love black beans and sweet potatoes. This was such an easy dish to throw together. I didn't have chipotle powder so I used cayenne pepper instead.
Black beans, sweet potatoes, tomatoes,corn and Mexican spices get layered between corn tortillas and topped with enchilada sauce and cheese. You've still got nutritional black beans and sweet potatoes adding their punch to this savory crockpot enchiladas dish. Saute oil, onions, celery, sweet potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, and spices over medium heat for about Put lentils, water, tomatoes/sauce, and black beans in slowcooker crock. You can have Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli
- It’s 4-5 pounds of sweet potatoes (about 5 big sweet potatoes).
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 can (28 ounce) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (16 ounce) of refried beans.
- You need 2 cans (15.5 ounce) of black beans, undrained.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 ounce) of chicken broth (low sodium).
- Prepare 2 of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Sour cream.
Add the sauteed veggies and herbs and stir. Stir black beans and cooled sweet potatoes into the onion-tomato mixture. Add more water if mixture is too thick. Add the sweet potato, black beans and seasoning to the chilli.
Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli step by step
- Rinse and peel your sweet potatoes, then cut into chunks…..
- Place sweet potato chunks into large crockpot……..
- Add to sweet potatoes your black pepper, chilli powder and ground cumin……
- Now add your crushed tomatoes, refried beans, black beans and chicken broth……
- Now add your sliced onions, green pepper and minced garlic, stir well…..
- Cover and cook on Low heat for 8 hours, stirring occasionally……
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream and enjoy 😉!!!.
Meanwhile, stir the lime zest, a squeeze of lime juice, the coriander leaves and the pumpkin seeds into the quinoa. In the mood for a slightly spicy and very filling soup for winter? Black Bean & Sweet Potato Chili. The sweet potatoes and carrots match perfectly with the spiciness of the fresh chili flavor. This dish is an excellent source of protein for anyone, whether vegetarians, vegans, or kids.