Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも🍠).
You can have Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも🍠) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも🍠)
- Prepare 3 of Sweet Potatoes (さつまいも Yellow Sweet Potato).
- Prepare 1/2 Pint of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 2/3 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Stick of Butter.
- You need 1 Tsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s Pinch of Salt.
- You need Splash of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 2 of Pie Crusts (Homemade if you’re frisky).
Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも🍠) instructions
- Roast the sweet potatoes until knife tender. Roasting it will allow for more of the natural sweetness to be extracted. Peel the potatoes. Careful, they’re hot as coal. Proceed to mash..
- Cream the brown sugar and butter together. Add in the mashed potatoes. Heat it with the nutmeg, salt, vanilla extract and heavy cream. Mix again. Get the eggs involved lastly..
- Place in a 350F oven for roughly 55 mins. Check for doneness with a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Allow to cool to room temp. Put in the fridge for a couple hours to help it really set up for nice slices..
- There they are, all said and done. I highly recommend warming individual slices and serving with ice cream or whipped cream… OR BOTH..