Noom Friendly Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins. All Reviews for Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins. Reviews for: Photos of Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins. These whole wheat sweet potato banana muffins are perfect for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
Made in one bowl and ready in minutes! I like using Japanese sweet potatoes, which are creamy and have a chestnut-like flavor. In food processor, blend eggs, potato, and sugar. (Or by hand: beat eggs and mash potatoes before blending.) Add milk, oil, wheat germ, molasses, and spices; process or beat until smooth. You can cook Noom Friendly Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Noom Friendly Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
- Prepare 1 of sweet potato.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 container of (5-6oz) Greek vanilla yogurt.
Sweet Potato Muffins (Freezer-Friendly!) This post may contain affiliate links. These Sweet Potato Muffins are a healthy breakfast or snack on the go, and they are gluten-free and vegan. Whole wheat flour might work, or buckwheat flour, but I haven't tested either with this recipe. Prick sweet potato several times with a fork and place onto a baking sheet.
Noom Friendly Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Wash the potato and prick it several times with a fork. Bake for 40 minutes on a baking sheet..
- The sweet potato should be soft; test with a fork. Peel and mash it..
- Set the oven to 350F..
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients..
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix completely.
- Grease 16 muffins cups or use paper liners. I tend to use liners. It is just easier..
- Spoon out the batter evenly amongst the cups..
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Once completely cooled, you can easily decorate these muffins. Here I've used some marshmallow fondant to make little froggies..
Bake the sweet potato in th. When the potato is cool enough to handle, peel and mash. Whole wheat flour makes fantastic muffins. It holds a lot of moisture and adds a pleasantly nutty flavor plus a hearty, satisfying texutre. I like to make muffins with various squash purees, like pumpkin, butternut, or sweet potato, to give them a nutritional boost.