Kale and Mushroom Sweet Potato.
You can cook Kale and Mushroom Sweet Potato using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kale and Mushroom Sweet Potato
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of purple onions (chopped).
- You need 6 of white button mushrooms (sliced).
- You need 1 cup of fresh baby kale leaves.
- You need 3 clove of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 of medium to large sweet potato.
Kale and Mushroom Sweet Potato step by step
- First, steam cook your sweet potato. Make sure to poke holes into the potato with a fork all around it so the steam can release and you don't end up with an exploded sweet potato all over your microwave! This is a fast and easy method I love using instead of baking them in the oven for almost an hour. Take a paper towel and wet it. Ring the water out from it and wrap it around your potato.This will help keep the potato from drying out. Now take some saran wrap and wrap your potato up tight. Microwave your potato for 7 minutes until soft but still somewhat firm to the touch. Unwrap and set aside to cool a bit. Be careful taking the wrap and paper towel off. They don't call it a hot potato for nothing! Lol.
- Saute purple onions and olive oil in a medium sized pan over medium high heat for about 5 minutes until slightly caramelized..
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking for about 3 or 4 minutes until mushrooms are almost soft..
- Add baby kale leaves and balsamic vinegar. Cook until kale is wilted..
- Add minced garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine..
- Sprinkle mushroom mixture with crushed red pepper and stir..
- Cut sweet potato in half and spoon mushroom mixture over the sweet potato. Serve and enjoy your healthy vitamin A & K packed meal..