Baked Sweet Potato Chips.
You can have Baked Sweet Potato Chips using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Prepare 4-5 of small or medium sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- It’s of Fresh Rosemary.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Baked Sweet Potato Chips step by step
- First, wash and peel the sweet potatoes and slice them with a knife or slicer into chips. Slice the sweet potatoes as thinly as possible to maximize the crispiness potential!.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake them at a high temperature for about 20 minutes instead of baking them at a lower temperature for a longer period. A long, low bake (say 375°F or below) will result in tender sweet potatoes, but never crisp..
- Next add to a large mixing bowl with olive oil, salt & pepper, and rosemary. Toss until coated well..
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. Spread the sweet potato slices into a single, even layer, leaving space around each slice. When too many ingredients are on one baking sheet, the heat from the sheet gets trapped under the food and creates steam, and the sweet potato slices will be tender instead of crisp..
- Let the sweet potato chips cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes after you take them out of the oven..