Mashed sweet potatoes. Super-starchy sweet potatoes mash just as well as russets, and certainly don't need to be covered in marshmallows to taste good. When steamed until tender, then mashed with creamy. Freezer: To freeze, scoop smashed sweet potatoes into a plastic freezer bag.
Some mashed sweet potato recipes call for baking the potatoes in the oven first, then slipping them out of their skins and mashing them. This recipe comes together entirely on the stovetop. Mashed sweet potatoes are a classic accompaniment for traditional holiday dishes such as roasted turkey and chicken. You can cook Mashed sweet potatoes using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mashed sweet potatoes
- You need 6 medium of sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 stick of butter, cut into sections.
This recipe includes a little bit of cinnamon, which gives it some warmth and. But when sweet potatoes are transformed into mashed potatoes, it takes it to an entirely new level. With this recipe, the butteriness and creaminess just gets better and better with every bite. While I enjoy sweet potatoes all year long, I especially enjoy them during the holidays.
Mashed sweet potatoes instructions
- Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to potatoes and smash with a potato masher, mixing well..
- Continue to cook on low 10 -15 minutes, mixing regularly, to allow the flavors to cook in..
One of the most popular ways to enjoy them is making mashed sweet potatoes. They pair well with almost any main. They are a bit too high in carbs for my husband and me, but I do make them often for my growing kids. My kids especially like these mashed sweet potatoes. This recipe for Mashed Sweet Potatoes is quite easy.