Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes.
You can have Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts.
- You need 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 3 tbs of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium shallots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated.
- You need 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for serving.
- It’s 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (thicker is better).
- It’s 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of canned coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbs of fish sauce.
- You need 2 cups of fresh baby spinach.
- You need of juice of 2 limes.
- You need To taste of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice, for serving.
- Prepare of naan, for serving – we warm the pre-packaged ones in the oven (optional).
Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes step by step
- Toss the chicken with the turmeric, ginger, and 1 tablespoon oil. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat..
- Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes..
- Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, cayenne, and cilantro, cook 3 minutes, then toss in the sweet potato..
- Season to taste with salt..
- Reduce the heat to low. Add 1 cup broth, the coconut milk, and fish sauce. Partially cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If the sauce is too thick, add additional broth. Stir in the spinach and lime juice..
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice. Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy with naan..