Turnip & maple potage (vegan). Перевод слова turnip, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция Russian turnip — брюква. – блюдо из репы – сл. большие старинные серебряные карманные часы, «луковица». A vegetable of very limited intelligence. turnip. a person in a permanent or persistent vegetative state or coma. The turnip or white turnip (Brassica rapa subsp. rapa) is a root vegetable commonly grown in temperate climates worldwide for its white, fleshy taproot.
Turnip root is a low-calorie vegetable rich in nutrients, antioxidants Turnip greens are rich in other free radical-scavenging antioxidants too, such as vitamin A, lutein, zeaxanthin. From turnepe, probably from turn + Middle English nepe, from Old English nǣp, from Latin nāpus. The component turn may be due to the round shape of the plant as though turned on a lathe, or because it must be turned and twisted to be harvested. You can have Turnip & maple potage (vegan) using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turnip & maple potage (vegan)
- You need 6 cups of turnip, peeled and cut in small cubes.
- Prepare 1 of medium shallot, minced.
- It’s 2 liter of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of avocado oil or any neutral vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dry sage.
- You need to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of unsweetened almond or cashew milk (I've used almond).
A widely cultivated Eurasian plant of the mustard family, having a large rounded edible. Benefits of turnips include their ability to improve bone health and heart health, boost the immunity, prevent cancer, reduce inflammation, and regulate metabolism. Early turnips have a pearly green-white skin tinged with purple and tender flesh with a peppery There are two types of turnip: early- and main-crop. Both are round and slightly flattened with wispy.
Turnip & maple potage (vegan) instructions
- In an extra large pot, heat up the oil at medium high heat..
- Add the minced shallots and cook for two minutes or so, stirring frequently, making sure it doesn't get brown. Lower heat if necessary..
- Add the turnip cubes and cook for two minutes or so, as above..
- Add the water and bring to boil..
- Reduce heat, add the maple syrup, the sage, fresh ground black pepper and stirr well..
- Cover and let simer for one hour..
- Put aside (or outside 😜) and let cool down..
- Once it's cooler, use a hand mixer, blender or food processor to make purée..
- Add the nut milk and mix well. You may add more or less milk to get consistency desired. (I personnaly prefer thick potage).
- Taste and adjust seasonning if needed..
- If not freezing some, put back in pot and reheat..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
The glycemic load of cooked turnips is Vitamins and Minerals. E. næp, from L. napus turnip. The modern form of the word emerged late. Turnip, hardy biennial plant in the mustard family, cultivated for its fleshy roots and tender growing tops. Learn more about the turnip plant, its origins, physical description, uses, and cultivation.