Turnip Greens Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds.
You can cook Turnip Greens Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turnip Greens Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds
- You need 1 of large bunch turnip greens, spinach komatsuna or other asian greens.
- It’s 6-7 Tbsp (60 g) of unsalted, shelled sunflower seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt + more if needed.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s of **Optional**.
- Prepare 1 tsp of yuzu or lemon zest.
Turnip Greens Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds instructions
- Wash the turnip greens well to remove any dirt. Cut in half so you have the thicker stem and the leaf separated. Bring a big pot of water to a boil and blanch the stems for 1-2 minutes and the leaves for 30 sec. – 1 minute until bright green and just a little tender. Remove from boiling water and dunk in cold water right away to stop the cooking..
- Squeeze out the water from the cooled down greens. Cut into 1 or 2 cm pieces. Put in a large bowl and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp salt (you want it just a little bit salt flavor because you'll add soy sauce later)..
- Next toast the sunflower seeds! In a dry frying pan with no oil, toast the seeds over medium low until they start to crackle a little and get some color. Be careful not to burn – they can toast quickly!.
- With a mortar & pestle (suribachi) or food processor, crush the seeds into small pieces, but don't make them all into a powder..
- Put the sunflower seeds into the bowl with the greens and toss to mix. Add 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp soy sauce. Toss and taste. Add a little more soy sauce (or salt) if needed..
- If you have a yuzu or lemon, you can try adding some of the zest into the greens too!.