Mashed Carrot N' Turnip.
You can cook Mashed Carrot N' Turnip using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mashed Carrot N' Turnip
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh parsley chopped.
- It’s 5 tbsp of salted butter.
- It’s 3 cup of carrots chopped.
- You need 3 of medium turnips chopped.
- You need 3 of cloves of garlic, minced.
Mashed Carrot N' Turnip step by step
- Boil onion, carrot and turnip over medium high heat in a large pot until fork tender (I simmered mine for 3 hours on medium-low in a pot on the stove, you can do this quicker over medium-high heat for an hour give or take).
- Drain most of the water from the carrot and turnip, (you can do this over a container to reserve the sauce for other purposes such as soup stock or gravy).
- Add garlic, and butter to carrot and turnip mix, mash or hand-blend to desired consistency.
- Stir in chopped parsley and cilantro.
- Let sit for 5-10 mins. Serve and season with more butter, salt and pepper as desired.