Turnip greens soup. This simple turnip soup uses turnip greens too – perfect if you're lucky enough to get turnips with their greens still attached. Turnip greens soup is a very creamy soup, tasty and easy to prepare, enriched with vegetables and with turnip greens. This recipe was given to me by my aunt.
Be the first to review this recipe. I got some really cheap turnip greens and needed different ways to cook them. This is a satisfing soup that I cobbled together from several. You can have Turnip greens soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turnip greens soup
- You need 1 of turnip greens.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/4 medium of Pumpkin.
- It’s 1 medium of Potato.
- You need 2 of Courgette.
- You need 2 liter of Boiling water.
- Prepare 3 of Carrots.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
Turnip Greens Make the Best Soup. Turnip green Soup is delicous and easy to make. Turnip green soup with sausage is a healthy clear low carb dinner, aka swamp soup. Turnip green soup with sausage is a healthy clear low carb dinner, aka swamp soup.
Turnip greens soup step by step
- Slice all the ingredients in to a pan except the turnip green..
- Add the water and let it boil with a cover for 15 minutes..
- Blend the boiled vegetables very well and adjust the salt to your taste..
- Add the washed and sliced turnip greens and boil for about 5 minutes with the cover on..
- And voilà! Enjoy the creamy typical Portuguese turnip greens soup..
I would use just the greens for this soup but if the only ones you can find has turnip root in them will not hurt the soup. Turnip Green Soup aka Swamp Soup. A quick, chicken broth based soup, made with white beans and greens, spicy andouille smoked sausage and veggies. Rinse turnip greens, shake dry and cut into strips. Stir greens into soup and puree.