Turnip Potage. Turmmip Potage is a food item in Outward. Turmmip Potage also fulfills the ingredients for: Ration Ingredient. The first spring onions of the year and tiny, white turnips that came in our box last week inspired me to make this soup, Deborah Madison's Rough and Ready Turnip Potage.
Fresh turnips are delicious, if you cook them fresh. Ten ideas for making turnips part of a tasty This headline from the Tuscaloosa News, The Real Food Challenge: Ten Ways to Cook a Turnip, made. Peel the turnips and cut them into one-inch cubes. You can have Turnip Potage using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turnip Potage
- Prepare 300 g of turnips.
- You need 100 g of red turnips.
- Prepare 20 g of turnip greens (optional).
- Prepare 1 of potato.
- Prepare 400 ml of water.
- You need 200 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of parsley.
Melt butter in a saucepan and add the turnips. Potage parmentier has nothing to do with leeks. It is a simple potato/turnip soup with a color of shredded carrot." "This is the original potage parmentier that the French farmers enjoyed and still enjoy. The turnip or white turnip (Brassica rapa subsp. rapa) is a root vegetable commonly grown in temperate climates worldwide for its white, fleshy taproot.
Turnip Potage instructions
- Cut all vegetables into small pieces. Chop the turnip greens. Put 1 Tbsp of olive oil into a pot with all the vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- When all vegetables have become nicely browned and cooked through add 2 cups of water and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat with the lid on. Take care not to boil off the water in the soup, reduce to low heat if necessary. Once cooked, turn off the heat and let cool for a while..
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend for about 30 second until the soup is smooth in texture..
- Put a sieve on the pot and pour in the soup to strain it. Use a wooden spatula to help push through the seive..
- Turn on the heat to low. Add a cup of milk and slowly mix into the soup, but take care not to boil! Season with salt as needed and it's ready to serve. If desired, garnish with parsley..
Find turnip stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Download Turnips stock videos at the best footage agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock videos, footages and clips at reasonable prices. You can make potage with almost all different kinds of root vegetables. I wanna try to cook as many kinds as possible.