Ham & Turnip stew. Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale & More Fillable Forms, Register and Subscribe Now! This ham tastes very much like the famous honey baked ham but costs much less, and there's no need to fight the crowds at holiday time. You can even buy the ham presliced to make it easier and more like the original.
Ham is made around the world, including a number of regional specialties, such as Westphalian ham and some varieties of Spanish jamón. In addition, numerous ham products have specific. Find delicious ham recipes, as well as cooking tips and techniques, from Ina, Ree and more of your favorite Food Network chefs. You can have Ham & Turnip stew using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham & Turnip stew
- Prepare 2 Cups of cooked ham, cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 of raw turnip, diced.
- Prepare 2 of Cups, 16oz, organic beef stock/broth.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of diced zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of diced yellow squash.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 2 tsp of Tumeric.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of Thickener, if desired (I used 1 Tbsp water & 1 Tbsp cornstarch).
Define ham. ham synonyms, ham pronunciation, ham translation, English dictionary definition of ham. Ham definition, a cut of meat from the heavy-muscled part of a hog's rear quarter, between hip and hock, usually cured. Pot pie isn't just for chicken. This recipe using leftover ham has all of the familiar pot pie ingredients and flavors but takes full advantage of that extra ham from the holidays.
Ham & Turnip stew step by step
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in saute pan. Add turnip and garlic. Saute until turnip is slightly browned..
- During step 1, add stock to a large soup/saucepan. Heat on medium..
- Add cooked/leftover ham pieces and turnip mixture to stock. Bring to a mild boil..
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, zucchini, squash, black pepper and turmeric to saute pan and saute just until cooked, slightly translucent..
- Turnip should be tender after about 20min on a mild boil. When tender and cooked, add thickener if desired, and boil 2-3 minutes more..
- Turn off heat. Add zucchini/squash mixture, stir well. Let sit for a couple minutes and serve..
A mixture of vegetables, including carrots, are combined with the ham and a white sauce and baked in a puff pastry until golden brown. Serve with a honey mustard sauce or any variety of chutneys. Baked ham is the perfect dish for a special occasion or Sunday dinner. Ham, (in Hebrew: חָם Hebrew pronunciation: ) according to the Table of Nations in the Book of Genesis, was the second son of Noah and the father of Cush, Mizraim, Phut and Canaan. Ham's descendants are interpreted by Flavius Josephus and others as having populated Africa and adjoining parts of Asia.