tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes. Roasting turnips mellows their sharp flavor, makes them wonderfully tender, and turns them into the perfect vegetable side dish. Mix things up by roasting other root vegetables—potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and rutabagas are all goods choices.. Beef Roast And Sweet Potatoes, Pork Roast With Sweet Potatoes, Pears And Rosemary, Viennese Steak With Mashed Sweet Fig Glazed Rack of Pork with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet PotatoesPork. feta cheese crumbles, red wine, brussels sprouts, goat.
This version melds a vinegary tang with a touch of brown sugar, resulting in a deeply flavorful sauce. Slow-roasted beef makes the ultimate Sunday lunch, served with wonderfully crispy roast potatoes. Put the leeks and carrots in a large roasting tin. You can have tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes peeled.
- It’s 1 of turnip peeled.
- You need 1 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of 15 ounce can tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of beef chuck or rump, boneless trimmed of fat.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
This mouth-watering alternative to the traditional Sunday roast is a firm favourite! You won't regret swapping your normal roasties with these sweet. Beets baked with sweet potatoes and onion make for a colorful, delicious fall or winter side dish. Place the sweet potatoes and onion in the bag.
tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes instructions
- heat oil in large dutch oven or stockpot over medium high heat. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add the roast to pan and brown all sides. Using tongs remove it from pan and set aside…To same pan add leeks, sweet potatoes and turnip….( chopped of course).. and stir a few times, until veggies begin to brown…..
- whisk remaining ingredient in medium bowl.
- return meat to pan and add sauce.
- bring to boil…then cover…..reduce heat to low.
- turn roast every 20 minutes or so…until meat and veggies are tender about 1 1/4 hours.
- let rest 15 minutes….. enjoy.
This dish of roasted beets, carrots, and sweet potatoes is a great way to warm up your winter, but in truth, roasted vegetables are great at any time of year. These roasted veggies can dress up a salad, making it beautiful and nutritious, but they are also perfect when served warm alongside fish or your. Tangsuyuk is a Chinese sweet and sour pork dish adapted for Korean taste. It can also be made with beef. Tangsuyuk (탕수육) is crispy deep-fried pork (or beef) in a delightfully sweet and tangy sauce!