Baked turnips and rutabega with shallots. Serve the shallots at room temperature. Drain the turnips, and puree (in several batches, if necessary) in a food processor. Turnips and rutabagas are both members of the cabbage family, Brassicaceae.
The rutabaga, swede (from Swedish turnip), or yellow turnip is a root vegetable that originated as a cross between the cabbage and the turnip. Root vegetable commonly grown in temperate climates worldwide for its white, bulbous taproot. Small, tender varieties are grown for human consumption. You can have Baked turnips and rutabega with shallots using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked turnips and rutabega with shallots
- It’s 1 medium of rutabega.
- It’s 5 small of turnips.
- Prepare 1 medium of shallot.
- Prepare 1 envelope of italian dressing.
- You need 1 of olive oil cooking spray.
- It’s 2 dash of white wine vinager.
How to cook Sweet & Sour Grape Chicken, (cooked in the Ninja Foodi) Fresh Turnip Greens cooked with smoked Turkey neck, fresh buttery Rutabagas cooked with. Both rutabagas and turnips are members of the mustard family. All turnips have a snowy white flesh. Rutabagas are also a decent source of potassium and folic acid.
Baked turnips and rutabega with shallots step by step
- Slice turnips and rutabegas into quarters. Place in sauce pan and boil. about 10 min remove from heat. Slice shallots thinly and set aside. on a cookie sheet cover with foil. Place turnips and rutabegas quaters on cookie sheet layer with shallot slices and sprinkle the italian dressing mix over vegatables. Spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray- 2 dashes of white wine vinigar and bake 40 min at 375°F. Serve when edges are crisp and golden brown..
The good news is that because turnips and rutabagas are in the same family as cabbage and other cruciferous vegetables. Turnips and Rutabagas: Recipes for Two Great Roots That Deserve More Love. Im catching up on back digests and saw a recent interest in rutabagas. Rutabaga and rice baked together in a casserole dish make a tasty side. Roasted sweet potatoes, onions, and rutabaga with various citrus juices squeezed on top.