Creamy Turnip Leek Soup. Great soup to start a meal with, or as a stand alone meal. In a heavy saucepan, heat oil; cook leeks and onions until soft. Are you guys ready for the most simple soup of all time?
The mini salad on top is optional, but we love the bit of texture from the greens and pop of flavor from the vinaigrette. This is an easy-to-make recipe for creamy turnip soup that brings tons of flavor and warmth to cold fall and winter This soup could not be easier to make. Creamy Leek And Mushroom Soup Laced With Stilton Cheese. You can have Creamy Turnip Leek Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Turnip Leek Soup
- Prepare of Vegetables and cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced leek.
- You need 1 pound of turnip roots.
- Prepare To taste of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Spices.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of lime just the juice.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need of Liquids.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of heavy cream.
Leek And Carrots Soups With Croutons. Learn how to make Creamy Turnip Soup. A simple French soup that works well regardless of which vegetable gets the emphasis This is a simple French soup If you want to vary the proportions of vegetables you can; it works well whether you emphasize the turnips, as I do here, the leeks or the potatoes. There are not many foods more boring-sounding than turnip soup, I know.
Creamy Turnip Leek Soup instructions
- Sauté the turnip roots.
- Wash, peel, and dice the turnip roots. Really wash the leeks very well it holds lots of sand. Add to the turnip roots with the parsley..
- Add the broth, butter, season, and bring to a boil then a simmer. Cover simmer 30 minutes. Then add the cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir well simmer 10 minutes and let rest..
- Serve with a little shredded Parmesan cheese..
Even if you try and add a sensual adjective like creamy turnip soup, turnip soup just recalls bygone days of Charles Dickens and hungry orphans with holes in their shoes. A good immune booster for the colder months! Place water in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and add the turnip, stock cube and stock granules. Melt margarine in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Potatoes: My favorite potatoes for this soup is Yukon gold potatoes, but russet potatoes work too.