Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli. Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli. Chicken quarters roasting with broccoli, brussels sprouts and yam pieces. Add some roasted beets and Romanesco broccoli if desired.
Healthy one-pan chicken, sweet potatoes, and broccoli oven-roasted to perfection! This quick one-pan dish is packed full of flavor and is GREAT for meal prepping too! See recipes for Pot roast 🥩 🥔 🍄 too.. You can have Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli
- It’s of Brine.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of kosher salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black peppercorns.
- You need of Large handful of fresh herbs of your choice.
- Prepare 4 of chicken quarters.
- You need of Chicken.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of Veg.
- Prepare 2 of yams, chopped into 2 cm chunks.
- You need 2 heads of broccoli, trimmed and chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, whole and skin-on.
- You need Handful of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika.
They work so well together I've partnered them up. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and add the sweet potatoes scattered around the chicken. Meanwhile, make the sauce—in a small bowl, add the soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and cayenne pepper and then whisk together. Toss the sweet potatoes with a generous drizzle of oil and some seasoning, and tip into a very large roasting tin.
Super-moist roast chicken with yams and broccoli instructions
- In a large, deep baking pan, combine the salt, sugar, peppercorns and herbs (I used thyme and tarragon) with several cups of cold water. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolves. Add the chicken quarters and enough extra cold water to submerge the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight..
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Drain the chicken quarters and pat them dry. Rub them down with a few tbsp olive oil and sprinkle on the salt and garlic powder. Lay them skin-side up in a foil-lined baking tray and roast for 1 hour..
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all the veg ingredients together along with a good glug of olive oil, a large pinch of salt, and several grinds of black pepper. Spread the veg in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. At the 30 minute mark for the chicken, put the veg in the upper rack of the oven..
- Pull the chicken quarters from the oven and let them rest for at least 10 minutes. While waiting, give the veg a stir and put them back in the oven under a low broil. Let cook a few minutes just to toast the veg a bit. Serve everything together..
Push the potatoes to one end of the tin, then, in the other end, toss the chicken with the onions, spice mix, a drizzle of oil and some seasoning. There's truly nothing better than crispy potatoes, garlicky chicken, and nutty roasted broccoli for an easy weeknight dinner. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down The Best Chicken Sweet Potato And Broccoli Recipes on Yummly Chicken And Vegetable Lo Mein, Honey Mustard Chicken W/ Broccoli + Sweet Potatoes, Sweet Potato And Chicken Salad. Add chicken to mixture; toss to coat.