Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake). Ube cake (or Filipino purple yam cake) is unlike any cake you've had before. See recipes for Filipino Food Series: Baguio's Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake) too. Ube Halaya is a classic dessert in the Philippines, a sweet pudding-like jam made with grated The good news is this: not matter how your pronounce it, ube halaya is a deliciously simple dessert Ube halaya can be enjoyed as cakes much like you would enjoy leche flan, but you can also use them in a.
It is perfect for Asian Cassava Cake with Creamy Custard Topping – Manila Spoon. With a soft and spongy texture, flavored with. Baguio's Good Shepherd Convent has shared its ube halaya recipe, and we tried it. You can cook Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake)
- You need of Custard Ingredients: 5 egg yolks, 1 egg, 3 tsp brown sugar (you can add more if you like☺️) 1 tsp vanilla, 2/ tsp water, 1/2 cup of evaporated milk, 1/2 cup condensed milk.
- It’s of Cake: 5 egg whites, 2 egg yolks, 2 tsp white sugar, 1 tbsp Purple Yam, 1tsp purple food colour, 1/4cup evaporated milk, 1/8 corn oil, 3/4 cup cake flour, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder.
- You need of Frosting: 1 bottle of Ube Halaya Jam (Purple Yam).
From sushi bake to ube cheese pandesal, your quarantine. This is the Ube and Leche Flan mashup you never knew you needed. You can grab this purple yam cake filled with creamy custard, ube sponge cake, and purple One of their signature desserts include the Ube Halaya Crisp ala mode, which is made of light and crispy. Ube halaya is a sweet and delicious Filipino dessert, and it's not hard to see why it's popular!
Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake) instructions
- Custard – Make the caramel base of the custard first by melting sugar with a little bit of water. Once sugar is caramelised set it aside. In a separate bowl, mix egg, egg yolks, evaporated milk, condensed milk, vanilla. Then strain the egg mixture 4-5 times until it’s smooth. Remove the bubbles and pour in the mixture to the pan with the caramelised sugar..
- Cover with foil then punch holes to avoid water drops. Pre-heat the steamer for at least 10 minutes then put the custard pan and steam it for 30-40 minutes. Let it cool down, set aside or put it in a fridge..
- Cake Meringue – Make the egg white frothy first. Add sugar while continuously whisking until you achieve peaks. Set aside..
- Cake Batter: Mix together egg yolks, sugar, evaporated milk, oil, vanilla, Ube Halaya, purple food colour. Then add the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda. Mix until no lump. Then add the meringue by batch then fold gently..
- Pour in the mixture into a round shaped baking pan and steam it for 40 to 60 minutes. Use a skewer to test if cake is fully cooked. Set aside and let it cool down before cutting it into half..
- Frosting: I used the remaining Ube Halaya for frosting and Rosetta swirls using a piping tool (I think it would come out better using a piping bag) ✌️.
Make it from scratch for a better tasting purple yam jam! Vibrantly purple, sweet, and creamy, this ube halaya recipe is deliciously well-balanced in flavor! Just like fruit jams, this ube jam requires time and. Oh Good Shepherd, give me the grace to. Ube Halaya is a Filipino dessert made from purple yam or "Ube " as we call it.