Spicy Scalloped Yams.
You can cook Spicy Scalloped Yams using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Scalloped Yams
- It’s 3-4 of yams, peeled.
- Prepare 2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 1-3 TB of canned adobo purée.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Spicy Scalloped Yams instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- In a food processor, or by hand, slice yams about 1/8th inch thick. Set aside..
- Mince 1-3 chipotle peppers depending on how spicy you like it. *Always taste your adobo sauce and chipotles to see how spicy they are. Each can varies even if it's the same brand..
- In a blender, add heavy cream, minced chipotles and adobo sauce. Blend till combined. DO NOT over blend or you'll have spicy whipped cream..
- Taste your cream mixture to see if you need more heat..
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, coat the bottom of the dish with some of the cream mix..
- Overlap the yams on the bottom of the dish to create your first layer. Add salt and pepper, then drizzle with cream mix over the yams..
- Repeat the last step to create multiple layers. Make sure the top layer of yams is covered well with the chipotle cream..
- Bake covered for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 35 or until yams are fork tender..
- Serve hot..