Fried yam balls. Are you one who is always looking for a healthiest way to cook. It's fuel efficient and always makes food tasty. Deep fried yam balls served in a white plate Fried Shrimp ball.
It is a deep fried ball, made with mashed Irish potato and filled with spiced minced meat and veggies. Remember to salt the African yam balls immediately when they are done frying in oil. If you wait to long, the oil cools forming a hard shell around the balls. You can cook Fried yam balls using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried yam balls
- It’s 250 g of yam.
- Prepare 70 g of glutinous rice flour.
- You need 70 g of tapioca flour.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Adequate water.
- Prepare of Adequate oil.
Yam balls – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. Be the first to review this recipe. This is a popular african snack, don't know where my mom got the recipe from, but it's very tasty, you could use ordinary potatoes instead of yam. Trova immagini stock HD a tema Deep Fried Yam Balls Served White e milioni di altre foto, illustrazioni e contenuti vettoriali stock royalty free nella vasta raccolta di Shutterstock.
Fried yam balls step by step
- Cut 250 g yam into slices. Steam and mash it..
- Add in 4 tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp salt to mix well..
- Add in 70 g glutinous rice flour and 70 g tapioca flour..
- Add in adequate oil to mix well and add adequate water if it's too dry..
- Knead briefly until it forms a dough. Divide the dough into small portions and roll into balls..
- Heat oil, put in the small portions and deep-fry until golden brown..
Yam is a common food here in Nigeria. It can be eaten in different forms, boiled, fried, or even pounded (Pounded Yam as we like to call it). The joy of fried yam alone is enough. For that person who slandered yam (and all of you who do the same in the corner of your rooms), we have something to say to you Vegetarian Recipe: Fried Purple Yam Balls Yams or sweet potatoes are grown. yams can also be fried like french fries.