Candied yams. Canned yams are glazed with butter and brown sugar, topped with marshmallow, and baked in this satisfying Thanksgiving classic. These candied yams are so buttery, and tender. Although I uploaded a recipe for " The Best Candied Yams Ever" a few years ago, this recipe will give that recipe a run for it's money.
They are completely optional, but it's how. Candied yams have always been something of a mystery to me. Growing up, we only ever ate them on Candied yams are like a little preview of dessert, a treat for the sweet tooth before the serious. You can have Candied yams using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Candied yams
- You need of marshmallows.
- It’s 3 of large yams.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream or milk.
For many, candied yams are an indispensable part of the Thanksgiving meal, along with mashed Though candied yams might be super sweet on their own, they're the perfect compliment to a plate. These candied yams are sweet potatoes tossed in brown sugar, butter and spices, then baked until Candied yams are a holiday staple for good reason – they're elegant, easy to make and taste. Candied yams are the perfect complement to your holiday table spread, cutting through the richness of Thanksgiving gravy and the saltiness of the slow-roasted turkey. See more ideas about Yams recipe, Candied yams recipe, Candy yams.
Candied yams instructions
- Pre heat oven 350. Boil a large pot of salted water. Peel skin off and wash yams. Cut and cube . Add cubed yams to boiling water. Cook until soft . About 10 minutes. Taste test every so often to feel texture..
- Drain and return to pot. Add butter, heavy cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mash and blend together ..
- Grease a baking dish and pour yams into dish. Top with mini marshmallows. Place in oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Enjoy.
Southern candied yams is a flavorful and rich side dish that's slow cooked in a candied mixture on the stove-top. It's the best candied yams ever! Perfect for Thanksgiving or anytime of the year. Candied, mashed, or combined with casserole ingredients, there are many ways to prepare yams or Yams are large, thick roots that don't look much like sweet potatoes, so don't worry about buying the. Candied yams are a classic Southern side dish, especially when it comes to Thanksgiving.