Purple Yam Soup with Pork. Massage PORK with Salt and Pepper. Let rest while preparing other ingredients. Stir in Fish Sauce and Magi Seasoning.
Yam and sweet potato are from different plant species. My lunch easy with Mango Catfish and Purple Yam soup. They are good stuffs that you guys can cook and enjoy with your family. You can have Purple Yam Soup with Pork using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Purple Yam Soup with Pork
- You need 300 g of pork chops (You can substitute with ground meat or dried shrimp if desired).
- Prepare 400 g of mashed purple yam (you can mash them yourself if you like it chunky).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of seasoning powder.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cooking oil.
- It’s of Some sprigs of cilantro and rice paddy herbs.
- Prepare of Salted cucumber pickles if desired.
It's called halayang ube in the Philippines. It's a sweet treat made from purple yam which is commonly found in the country. This Cantonese pork soup with carrot, Chinese yam, dates, and goji berries, is a great example of a classic Cantonese soup–a clean broth with rich flavor. Place the pork in a thick-bottomed soup pot filled with enough water to just cover the pork.
Purple Yam Soup with Pork step by step
- Rinse the pork chops, cut in chunks, and dust with seasoning powder, salt and sugar. Let sit for about 10 minutes..
- Heat the wok and add some garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. Add pork chops into the wok over high heat and stir-fry until firmed and drained..
- Add about 1.5 liters of water and simmer for about 20 minutes until the pork chops are softened..
- Add the mashed purple yam and continue simmering for about 10 minutes..
- Adjust the volume of water and final seasoning depending on the preference for a thinner or thicker soup..
Bring to a boil, then immediately remove from the heat. Vibrantly purple, sweet, and creamy, this ube halaya recipe is deliciously well-balanced in flavor! Just like fruit jams, this ube jam requires time and patience to get the right Ube is purple yam. It's a very popular ingredient in the Philippines, used in so many dishes (including ube halaya of course). Wash the barley, rice and beans in the inner pot of Instant Pot.