Zucchini Roulade. On a greased grill rack, cook zucchini in batches, covered, over medium heat. Roll up and secure each with a toothpick. This zucchini roll or roulade is deceptively easy and is like a cousin of the zucchini slice.
A zucchini roulade that makes a great vegetarian centre stage dish. With a creamy filling of feta cheese and grilled red pepper this is great warm or cold. I am still busy baking vegetarian roulades and have yet to get bored of them. You can cook Zucchini Roulade using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Roulade
- Prepare 3 of Large Zucchini.
- It’s 10-15 of Large Basil Leaves.
- You need 4 Tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 Tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- You need 1 Tsp of Granulated Onion.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Oregano.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil for Searing.
- It’s of Purple Cauliflower Puree.
- You need 1 Head of Purple Cauliflower.
- It’s 1 of Glove Garlic, Minced.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Half & Half.
- You need of White Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil for Sautée.
- Prepare of Creme Fraiche.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1/4 of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Parmesan Crisp.
- You need 1 of Wedge Good Parm, Grated.
Poor frittata, it's been pushed to the side for the while. Pat zucchini dry with a paper towel. Blend zucchini with reserved sauce, egg yolks, cheese and nutmeg (b). This low carb zucchini roulade that makes a great main dish which is great served either cold or warm.
Zucchini Roulade step by step
- In a small bowl, mix heavy cream with lemon juice and salt. Mix to combine, should thicken immediately. Set somewhere warm for it to thicken more. Once its as thick as you'd like, refrigerate until cold, then bottle..
- Heat oven to 350°, and lay parchment paper on sheet pan. Lay grated parmesan in a nice circle, and bake until crispy. Cut into desired shape immediately after you take it out of the oven, or it'll fracture..
- In small bowl, mix tomato paste with garlic, onion, oregano, pepper, and salt to taste. Mix completely, then add olive oil and mix again. Oil will separate, so leave whisk in it until you're finished..
- Using a mandolin on a very thin setting, shave zucchini. You don't want to use skin heavy sides, nor do you want to use the very seedy core. Probably only 2-3 good strips from first side. Turn zucchini over to fresh half, and repeat. Rinse and dry basil leaves, and cut them down the middle. Lay out a strip of zucchini, and place basil halves, then spoon good amount of tomato paste mixture all the way down. Carefully, but tightly, roll. Set against side of cutting board so they don't unravel..
- Break cauliflower down into very small florets. Place a large pan over medium heat, and pour a nice drizzle of olive oil. Once shimmering, throw in cauliflower. Once the cauliflower has some color, add in garlic, and cook until cauliflower is nicely golden on edges. Add in half and half. Bring to simmer, then pour it all into blender, and blend until smooth. Salt and white pepper to taste..
- Place pan back over medium heat, and heat olive oil until shimmering. Place zucchini rolls with flap side down in the pan first, to sear the edge shut. Turn every minute, until all edges seared. Remove, and place on paper towel..
- Spoon a good amount of the cauliflower puree onto plate, and space 4-5 roulade evenly along the puree. Place parmesan crisp between 2, to prop it up. Chiffonade basil, and garnish the tops of the zucchini. Decorate with dots of creme fraiche..
Try a roulade in place of a frittata for a low carb egg dish. You need to let the zucchini roulade cool slightly before spreading out the filling. Stuffed Onions: Pick small, but not tiny onions (bigger cipollini will be perfect), cut off the tops, and scoop out the insides, leaving the two outer layers. A roulade is a lot easier to make than you think. Whether it's a meringue roulade or sponge, they're a simple dessert that can be jazzed up with a tasty filling.